- 1 c Rootbeer
- 1 t apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/3 c canola oil
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 2 t rootbeer extract
- 1 1/3 c flour
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- pinch of salt-combine dry ing. and gently introduce to mix. Do not over mix.
- Combine rootbeer and vinegar and let stand for a few minutes
- Add sugar and oil and whisk until frothy
- Integrate extracts
- Combine dry ingredients in a seperate bowl
- Gently introduce them to the mix, ("Dry ingredients meet wet ingredients, wet ingredients meet dry ingredients, you're about to make something wonderful together, don't get too excited, just take it slow and my wire whisk will make sure you all enjoy yourselves") do not over mix.
- Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes. (Cupcake tins should be at about 2/3 way full)
I could not find a recipe for vanilla frosting that I thought would taste enough like vanilla ice cream and finally it dawned on me to just use vanilla ice cream. I beat the ice cream until it was smooth enough to frost the cupcakes and then served. Yum.
Cupake Recipe from Project Cupcake