- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 tsp salt
Sift the above ingredients together and set aside
- 6 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c. Sugar
Beat above ingredients together until pale and fluffy (about 2 minutes on med-high speed)
- 2 lg eggs added to fluffy butter mix one at a time, mixing well
- 1 tsp vanilla added after the eggs (turn speed down to medium at this point)
- 3/4 cup of milk added alternatively in 2 batches to 3 batches of flour mixture
Turn beaters back up to med-high and mix well for about 30 seconds.
Put 1/4 cup batter per cupcake liner and bake for about 17 minutes in a pre-heated 350 degree oven. Allow to cool before frosting.Buttercream Frosting
A little tip-chill the bowl in the fridge before hand to keep frosting at a perfect temp.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups confectioners sugar sifted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt-(teeny tiny-just a small dash)
Beat butter on med high until pale and creamy for about 2 minutes
Reduce speed to medium and add sugar 1/2 cup at a time mixing well each time. Add vanilla and salt, raise speed up to med-high and beat until smooth.