- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pans with liners; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together cocoa, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla; mix batter until smooth, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to assure batter is well mixed.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about one-third full.
- Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- About 2 tablespoons milk, or as needed
Mix butter and peanut butter together till creamed, add powdered sugar and continue mixing. If frosting gets too stiff add a little milk until frosting is fluffy
I cut a miniature Reeses in half and stuck it in top.