Peanut butter, lime, cilantro, garlic-be still my heart!
Here is the yummy yummy recipe, I served it with rice a green salad with sesame ginger dressing. Very very tasty.
- 1/3 c. soy sauce
- 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 t. lime zest
- 1/4 c. lime juice (I found that my lime that I 'zested' produced just a little more than a 1/4 c., so really you just need one lime).
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed (I added about 5-more is better is what I always say)
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used chicken tenders, it's easier to cut them into bite size pieces I find, and less cutting off all the white stringy stuff)
- 1/3 c. creamy peanut butter
- 1 T. snipped fresh cilantro (I might have added an extra tablespoon of this too, sue me)
In bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, lime zest and lime juice. Press garlic into soy sauce mixture.
Reserve 1/3 c. soy sauce mixture for peanut dipping sauce and set aside.
Add chicken to remaining soy sauce mixture, (I cut the chicken into bite size pieces for easier eating for my kids, and who I am I kidding I feel like I am eating more if they are all cut up into bite size pieces, so really it's all for my selfish piggy wants)
Cover. Refridgerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400. Bake chicken 18-20 minutes.(I put mine on foil on a cookie sheet for easy clean up)
Add peanut butter and cilantro to reserved soy sauce mixture.
Whisk until smooth. Serve with chicken. (And your fingers)
Recipe by Summer Andrus