I served it with a baked potato with a yummy sour cream, basil and tomato sauce I made for them. Yum.
The chicken-it is really good. Really, really good.
I just did what felt right to make this taste like I remember.
It might have been even better.
Ingredients for Chicken:
- 4 pieces of chicken breast
- 2 eggs beaten with a fork in one bowl
- in another bowl mix about 1/2 cup flour
- with about 1/8 tsp Bon Apetit' Seasoned Salt
- and plenty of course ground pepper
You can see where this is going right?
Dip the chicken into the egg, and then into the flour mixture, coating well.
Cook in a hot skillet with oil or butter, until cooked through and browned on each side.
Ingredients for Dijon Sauce:
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 heaping spoonfuls of Country Dijon Grey Poupon (it needs to be the country dijon!!!)
Whisk in sauce pan over medium heat until it gets to a slow boil, lower heat and let simmer until you are ready to pour over chicken. Make sure to stir it every once in awhile so that it doesn't start to stick together.
After you pour it on, garnish with a slice of cooked bacon and a few slices of avacado. Those add to the flavor even more. Yummmmmm-o!