Monday, October 19, 2009

Artichoke Chicken

This is one of my all time favorites, though it changes a little bit every time anyone ever makes it. It was originally one of my dads recipes, and then my mom perfected it when she added some cream to it. I really like to add asparagus to it and a few more seasonings-but no matter what it is a tangy deliciousness that I can't resist.
  • One pound of pasta-I prefer penne.
  • One jar of Artichoke Hearts
  • One bunch of Asparagus, cooked and chopped
  • 2-3 Chicken Breasts Shredded
  • Salt and Pepper
  • 1/2 cup of Italian-esque dressing, I used a Sun Dried Tomato Vinegarette.
  • 2 TBS Worchestershire sauce
  • 1/4 tsp. dried mustard
  • 3/4 cup cream
Cook pasta according to package directions
Put the pasta in the bottom of your pan
Layer chicken and cooked asparagus
Pour jar of artichoke hearts and juices over the pasta.
Make a sauce with Italian dressing, Worchestershire sauce, mustard, cream and salt and pepper, and pour over the pasta.
I put some more fresh ground pepper on top and then you just pop that in the 350 degree oven uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring once during cooking.
If frozen, check after 45 minutes, and bake until cooked through.
Enjoy!

Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Free Blog Template by June Lily