Monday, October 19, 2009

Freezer Meals

Being in school and doing home school, and trying to keep up with everything else in my life as a "single" stay at home mom(Chad is gone like 70 hours a week at the moment, with school and work), is really taking a toll on dinner time.
Chad isn't home for dinner a lot of nights, and the thought of cooking a great meal for three kids who'd rather have Kraft Macaroni and Cheese every night
...well let's just say I'm unmotivated.
I made up 5 freezer meals at the end of last month and they have been my sanity!
Each meal can easily feed us for 3 days. I make one and we ALL eat it the first night, when Chad is home.
Then I put all the leftovers in individual size serving containers and put them in the fridge.
I eat them for dinner the next night, when Chad is gone and I feed the kids something that they want.
Chad eats one when he finally does get home and everyone is happy and fed.
It works well, and it has saved us a ton on our grocery bill this month, especially since I did similar ingredients in all of my dishes and had 5 different meals.
One of them was the company casserole below (yum).
One was a Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli (I just put in a jar of sauce and a half jar of milk with the other ingredients).
And the other 3 were the ones pictured above, recipes posted below.
This is such a great way to know that you always have something yummy on hand, even if you don't feel like cooking.
If only I had a deep freeze, I would cook once a month.
Period.
Of course we would all gain a hundred pounds easily, since all I tend to make in these are comfort food dishes-but whatever! :)

Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Free Blog Template by June Lily